- Older, outdated infrastructure and servers running Hyper-V and a virtual terminal server located at an office 1 1/2 hours away from the main centre.
- 30 + users connecting via remote connection over a slow internet connection.
- Access to Line of Business applications, Data folders, and Email.
- 3 internet connections available, 2 of which were configured as load balancing: Approx 12mb down and 2mb up.
- Poor WiFi connectivity at the main office with poor internet access throughout.
- Due to an increase in output, the old server was relocated to a sub-office where the bulk of the users are located and the new server was installed there.
- This allowed a decrease in RDP licenses to be migrated/purchased
- New 100/100mb fibre lease line installed
- Full cabling uplift to allow for expansion of the user base within the office. Installation of a new network cabinet on the opposite side of the building with 48 available networking ports.
- Managed switch solution to improve on the security of the network
- Installation of 6 PoE access points around the building to improve the WiFi connectivity. Staff and guest networks set up to segregate these users from the corporate network.
- Reconfiguration of users within the sub-office to access server resources and LOB applications locally without the need to use an RDP to the TS.
- LAN-to-LAN VPN set up between Head office and sub-office for access to server resources and LOB applications with a RDP connection via external IP as a backup.
- Overall speed and performance of the network greatly improved.
- Overall efficiency increased and productivity maximised.
- Fast internet access for all users.
- Overall network security increased.
- Internet cyber security upgraded and configured to improve overall security.
- Wifi connectivity greatly improved throughout the building(s)
- Staff and guest networks set up independently.
- Reconfiguration of the server and resources allowing users to access critical Line of Business applications without the need to use Remote Desktop, therefore increasing speed and performance throughout.
- LAN-LAN tunnel(s) set up between offices to allow external users to access the server resources and LOB applications through RDP to the Terminal Server.
- Minimal downtime experienced throughout.
Based in Kent since 2005 and with extensive experience of Cloud Computing, IT Security and Cyber Security. Computer Rescue offer fast response IT Support for Small and Medium sized businesses with between 5 and 100 users. Please click here to find out about our FREE Cyber Security Assessment