- 2 servers running Server 2008 standard.
- 1st server was DC and file server.
- 2nd server housing accounts software that was compromised with ransomware encryption and cannot currently be decrypted.
- 15 years-worth of accounting data stored on it.
- Poor security stance throughout with extremely simple passwords.
- Anti-virus was a mixture of products, a lot were expired and not updated.
- Windows updates were not applied to servers.
- The backup solution was non-existent / poor.
- Consolidate both servers with a single server running Server 2016 Essentials.
- Migration of accounts package to an online service and decommission of the 2nd server.
- Increased password security and implementation of group policy to control all aspects of passwords (lockout , min / max age, min length, complexity etc).
- Installation of standardised anti-virus package that is centrally controlled and monitored.
- Monthly server and bi-weekly desktop security updates.
- On-site backup of the server (bare metal) and cloud backup of corporate data.
Based in Kent since 2005 and with extensive experience of Cloud Computing, IT Security and Cyber Security. Computer Rescue offer fast response IT Support for Small and Medium-sized businesses with between 5 and 100 users. Please click here to find out about our FREE Cyber Security Assessment